Sunday, 28 November 2010

Someone Should Have Told Me

When I first became a father, I never in a million years would have thought that I would spend the next  7 years as a stay-at-home dad. Now please don't get me wrong , I can honestly say I have no regrets. However, I would have preferred life at home with my new son to be, lets just say, less traumatic, for me that is.  The thing is, I came from an era when being a  stay-at -home dad , was neither trendy, cool or politically correct. The fathers always brought home the proverbial bacon and the wife cooked it.  So when it was my turn to parent,  I was more than shocked, to say the least, when I was ask to take on the role of mum.

So who do I blame, the easy choice would be my father, my wood work shop teacher, TV etc, the harder choice would be me, for thinking I would have parenting easy. Basically, like many of my peers, I wanted to have my cake and eat it, but instead I had my cake and choked on it.

I had a  of a lot of interesting experiences as a househusband , which I will talk about on my next post
Bye for now

The Reluctant Mr Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment